I strive to make the financial aid application process as simple and seamless as possible. Some of the personalized one on one services I offer are listed below:
• Expected Family Contribution (EFC) analysis – Initial and Adjusted – Federal and Institutional Methodology.
• Recommendations to reduce your EFC – I show you how to take advantage of strategies that enable you to legally and ethically reduce your EFC and maximize the amount of aid you are eligible for.
• Implementation of strategies to reduce your EFC – I assist you to implement strategies that reduce your EFC.
• Provide complete planning checklist – Our college planning checklist will detail what we are doing for you and when we are doing it. You receive a confirmation of each step when completed, guaranteeing you don’t miss a deadline or make a mistake that could cost you time and money. In addition I remind you of important steps that you need to take on your child’s behalf.
• College cost statistics – I provide you with important cost statistics, including your expected out-of-pocket costs, for each college you are interested in.
• Complete FAFSA – The FAFSA must be completed if you want to qualify for any financial aid. The proper completion of this form should not be minimized. The U.S. Department of Education says the majority of people fill out the FAFSA in such a way that they do not receive all the aid they are eligible.
• Register for and complete the CSS/Profile – I determine if you are applying to a school (or schools) that require the CSS/Profile form. This profile is required by most private schools. If necessary I complete the registration and the Profile form. This form asks the same questions as the FAFSA, but requires more details about your financial situation.. It can also have custom questions from each school.
• Complete any institutional forms – Many schools have their own forms that need to be completed in addition to the FAFSA and CSS/Profile.
• Confirm accuracy of the Student Aid Report – I independently determine your EFC and verify the government figures so you don’t overpay. I then assist with the process of revising your SAR if and when it becomes necessary.
• Analysis of Financial Aid Awards – I analyze your financial aid awards and rate the top schools your student is deciding among. We determine if an appeal is in order.
• Direct Appeals process – If needed, I write a letter to the financial aid office for you to submit, and give you instructions on how to appeal to the schools to maximize your financial aid award.
• Scholarship search – I run your application through our comprehensive database looking for scholarship matches. For each match I provide a description of the scholarship and contact letter. I also provide a complete resource for the student to perform their own personalized Internet search.
• Ongoing direct access to me at all times – I am available to you and your student via phone, email and in person.
I look forward to assisting you every step of the way. Let’s start planning!